A & O: Support Services for Older Adults
Senior Centre Without Walls provided by A & O: Support Services for Older Adults offers free educational and recreational programs over the phone. The program reaches out to socially isolated older adults 55+ living in Manitoba. Individuals and groups are welcome. There is no cost to register.
All registered participants will be given a phone number and access code to call themselves into the programming. Participants who require assistance or would incur long distance charges can request to be called in by us.
To view our brand new Program Guide (January 2021 – April 2021) please use the following link to our website:
In our guide, you will find the following exciting topics plus a whole lot more:
- Welcome to Senior Centre Without Walls! – Please recommend to all new participants!
- Gardening for Assiniboine Park
- The Environmental Musician
- “Together at the Tobans, Winnipeg’s North End Kids in the 1950s”
- Making Maple Syrup in Muskoka
- Health and Wellness Presentations: Lung Health, Osteoporosis, Loneliness and Social Isolation
- Spanish Lessons
- Travelogues: Southern Africa, Mexico, London and More!
- Music Therapy, Art Therapy and Meditation
- Celebrity Bingo, Fun and Games
- Book Club, Short Stories and Poetry (read aloud)
- Observances & Celebrations: Black History Month, Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day