KNITTING CAN IMPROVE YOUR MOOD, MIND AND BODY
Now, to step that up a notch. Have you considered forming a knitting group? The art of knitting provides a common bond in so many people. If you have never knit before, it is easy to learn and projects can be worked on easily while socializing in a group.
Then, step it up another notch and add a purpose, ie knitting for charity, and meetings take on a whole new energy.
Knitting provides many-layered benefits:
- It gives you a sense of pride
- Has the same benefits as meditation
- Alleviates symptoms of anxiety, stress and depression
- It helps improve motor function
- It slows cognitive decline
- It helps prevent arthritis and tendinitis
Socializing in a like-minded group:
- Connects people with a common interest
- Creates a networking thread of connection outside meetings
- Alleviates anxiety, stress and depression
- Improves cognitive functions and skills
- Abates loneliness and isolation
Add to this, knitting for charity.
That can be called a WIN – WIN – WIN.
There are many local agencies who endlessly require and are supremely grateful for knit items for the homeless, refugees and poverty stricken people. Siloam Mission is one such place. https://www.siloam.ca/. Another idea is blankets for preemies in neo-natal units.
Knit 1, Purl 2