MANITOBA HEALTH APPEAL BOARD
Your Right to Appeal
Have you ever felt alone?
In need of an impartial decision re a health process?
The Manitoba Health Appeal Board is an independent body established by The Health Services Insurance Act. Members of the Board are appointed by the Legislature and are not employees or officials of Manitoba Health.
The Board is responsible for hearing appeals under The Health Services Insurance Act, and its regulation, The Emergency Medical Response and Stretcher Transportation Act and the Charges Payable by Long Term Patients Regulation 155/97 under The Mental Health Act.
- Insurance Benefit Appeals – ie denied entitlement to a benefit for out-of-province medical service claims and/or transportation subsidies
- Home Care Appeals – if you are dissatisfied with a regional health authority’s decision re eligibility, type or level of service
- Authorized/Residential Charge Appeals – dissatisfied with assessed, authorized/residential charges (daily rate) in a personal care home, hospital or other health facility
- Personal Care Home Placement Decision
- Hepatitis C Financial Assistance Program
How does a person appeal a decision?
- Complete the appropriate notice of appeal form which can be obtained from the Board office or on the website
- Write a letter that states the decision you are appealing
- Must be completed within 30 days of decision being appealed
For further information, contact us:
Manitoba Health Appeal Board
Main Floor, Room 102-500 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB. R3C 3X1
Phone: 204-945-5408. Toll-Free: 1-866-744-3257. Fax: 204-948-2024